In this post, we show you how to check and update your chrome, safari, and firefox browser version. A web browser is application software for accessing the World Wide Web or a local website. Most of you know it as googling. Googling requires a web browser. Some web browsers include Google’s chrome. With over 2 billion users, Chrome is the world’s most popular web browser today! It is no wonder people use the term googling or go and google it. Other web browsers include:
a) Microsoft’s Edge
b) Mozilla’s Firefox
c) Apple’s Safari
e) Opera Mini etc.
How to check and update chrome, safari & firefox
Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google. It is derived from the free software Chromium OS and uses the Google Chrome web browser as its principal user interface. Unlike Chromium OS, Chrome OS is proprietary software.
To make sure you’re protected by the latest security updates, Google Chrome can automatically update when a new version of the browser is available on your device. With these updates, you might sometimes notice that your browser looks different.
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer’s browser. But if you haven’t closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look at More (the three dots in the top right corner).
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update was released less than 2 days ago.
- Orange: An update was released about 4 days ago.
- Red: An update was released at least a week ago.
To update Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click Help > About Google Chrome.
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Important: If you can’t find this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Your Incognito windows won’t reopen when Chrome restarts. If you’d prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
Update Chrome on Android:
Chrome should automatically update based upon your Play Store settings. You can check if there’s a new version available:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device.
- Under “Updates available,” find Chrome.
- Next to Chrome, tap Update.
If you’re on Chrome 76 or above, you can also check for updates in your Chrome browser.
- On your Android device, open Chrome.
- At the top, tap More > Update Chrome.
- Restart Chrome when prompted.
Update Chrome on iPhone and iPad
Chrome should automatically update based on your Apple App Store settings. You can check if there’s a new version available:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile.
- Scroll down to “Available Updates,” and search for Chrome.
- If Chrome is listed, tap Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.
How to check and update Safari on PC:
a) Firstly; Click on the Apple logo
b) Secondly; Click on Software update. Once you have clicked here you will be taken to the App Store, update section more precisely.
c) Thirdly; Click on a software update to update all the apps on your computer. Various updates may be available and all of them will be installed automatically.
d) Fourthly; Expand the list of updates and click on Safari update only. By doing so, you prevent other updates from installing. You may need only Safari updates, you have limited space or you don’t use other software, therefore you don’t need their updates.
e) Lastly; The update will commence, downloaded from the official servers, and installed accordingly. There are no safety issues you need to be aware of provided you are doing all this from the official apple store. Now you know how to update Safari on Mac.
How to check and update Firefox
You can manually check for Firefox updates by opening the About Firefox window. This method works in browser versions released prior to Firefox 86.
To check for Firefox updates using the About dialog,
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the menu button.
- Select Help > About Firefox from the menu.
- The browser will immediately check for updates and download if any.
That is how you can check and update your chrome, safari & firefox browser