The M-PESA platform is the most used form of money transfer service for Kenyans and worldwide. Due to its popularity, M-PESA has raised the most profits for its parent company Safaricom through the high transaction rates. In addition, the frequent increase in its subscriber base has led it to be the most dominant network provider in the country.
Despite this success, M-PESA users occasionally suffer setbacks like routine maintenance that cause suspension of service for certain periods, theft of funds through fraud, or how to change M-PESA Pin if forgotten.
Here’s an Easy Way to Change Your Safaricom M-Pesa PIN If Forgotten
- Dial *334# from Safaricom SimCard
- Select option #7: ‘My account’
- Then Choose option #4: ‘M-Pesa PIN manager’
- Select option #1: ‘M-Pesa forgot PIN’
- Enter your Identification (ID) Number/Passport number.
- Then Input your M-Pesa balance.
- Finally, Enter your Fuliza limit.
You will receive a screen notification stating that your PIN has been successfully reset in addition to an SMS containing your M-Pesa start PIN.
Navigate to your Sim Toolkit and click on the M-Pesa menu.
- Click ‘My Account’
- Select ‘Change PIN’
- Enter your start PIN as the old PIN.
- After, Enter and confirm your preferred new PIN.
You will receive an SMS notification confirming that your M-Pesa PIN has been successfully modified. That is how you change your Safaricom M-Pesa Pin if forgotten.