We use computers these days for anything. They store our most sensitive data, from Mobile Money pins, Bank Apps passwords, to the most sensitive documents, such as soft copies of our wills, and land titles. Therefore, these make computer very necessary to tight security. With security I mean, keep it away from reach of unsafe hands.
But you cannot know whose hands are unsafe to reach your computer and you might not always be there to protect it. This makes passwords a vital fact in computer and data security. You need a password, a strong password. If you’re not sure of the strength of your password, I’m here for you. Here’s a tutorial to help you change passwords on Windows 10 and strengthen your computer’ security.
Note: You should be an Administrator in order to change password on Windows
Different ways to Change Passwords on Windows 10, 8
- Using Netplwiz
- Through PC Settings
- Using the Control Panel
- Using computer Management
1. Using Netplwiz
- Hold down Win + R (Windows Button plus R) to launch the Run Box
- Type in Netplwiz and click Ok to launch the Netplwiz tool wizard.
- In this tool Wizard, a number of User accounts will be displayed. Select the one you are interested in by highlighting it and click on the Rest password button right hand corner of the screen and click Ok.
- In the next page, you will be asked to enter your modified password twice and click Ok to confirm the action.
2. Through PC Settings
- Hold down Win + I (Windows button + I) to launch the Windows settings page (or search “settings” on the start button)
- Click Accounts
- Click on the Sign in Options of the left hand side of the screen
- In the password section on the Window that displays, click the Change button and enter your current password. Then click Next to continue.
- Enter the modified and strengthened password, confirm it and click Next to save the new password.
3. Using the Control Panel
- Open the control panel wizard and click User Accounts
- Another window will display. Click Manage another Account. All the accounts available in Windows 10 on your computer will be displayed on next page.
- Click on the User Account whose password you intend to modify.
- On the page that appears, select the change password option on the left-hand side of your screen
- You will be asked to type in your current password. After that, it’s time to provide a modified stronger password you need to use. Then, click Change Password to complete the Action.
4. Using Computer Management
- Right-click on This Pc icon on your desktop and select Manage.
- In the Computer Management Windows, click on Local User and Groups drop-down to display both Users and Groups folders on the left-hand side on the screen.
- Click on Users folder to display the available user accounts on your computer.
- Right-click on the user account whose password you want to change and in the cascading menu that appears, click on set password.
- Another window will be displayed asking you to confirm the action, click Proceed to continue with the action
- Enter your modified password twice and click Ok to save the new changes made.
How to change Windows 7 password
Go to control panel by using the Window button searching tool. Select User Accounts and Family safety.
In the control panel widget, click Change your Windows password
In the widget that will appear, select Change your password on the top list.
Note: In this widget, you can also remove password, change your account name, account type, and picture.
Input your current password, then your new password. Click Change password to confirm.
We hope this guide was helpful. In case we missed any details, or other steps to change your windows password, share with us in the comment section below.
ALSO READ: How to activate windows 10 for free 2020