The NHIF medical insurance cards are widely accepted across most outpatient hospitals both private and public facilities. NHIF has allowed its members to change their hospital covers every quarter for the super cover and twice yearly for the civil servants.
You can choose or change the NHIF outpatient hospital facility online from the comfort of your home to the one you prefer. NHIF has provided three convenient ways to choose and register your outpatient hospitals for you and your members and any of the following means:
- Using NHIF mobile USSD code *155#
- Using the NHIF Selfcare website
- Using NHIF APP (My NHIF)
How to change NHIF outpatient hospital facility online
1. Via USSD Code
- Dail *155# on your phone
- Select your preferred language, English or Kiswahili
- Choose the type of identification for registration select option 1 which is your Kenyan ID
- Enter your ID number
- You will receive a message on your phone with an OTP Code (one-time password)
- Enter the OTP code then press send
- A pop-up screen appears and click on “Change outpatient facility”
- Choose option 1 which indicates your current facility.
- Select your county by searching from the list provided
- Enter the facility name of your choice
- Select option 1 to confirm facility change
2. Via NHIF Selfcare portal
- Go to the NHIF Portal on your website
- Click on ‘NHIF Selfcare’ menu
- Enter your ID Number
- Click continue
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent via sms to the phone number used for registration
- Input the code and click ‘verify’
- You will then receive a notification stating that your login is successful
- In your account’s dashboard, click on ‘Change of Outpatient facility’
- Under this menu, you will be able to view your name, membership number and current facility
- Select your preferred county and facility from the drop-down menu list
- Click on ‘Change facility’ and confirm the changes
- Upon successful change of facility, you will receive an sms confirming the same with additional details such as membership numbers, chosen facility, county and effective date.
3. Via NHIF Mobile app (MY NHIF)
- Download and install the NHIF App from the Google Play Store or App Store
- Click on ‘Other service’
- Enter your ID Number
- Click Request OTP, you will receive an SMS code
- Enter the pin and you’ll be logged in
- Click on ‘Change Outpatient Facility’
- Select your preferred county and the facility
- Confirm change of facility.
With any of the three ways above, you are able to change NHIF outpatient hospital facility online. We hope your experience goes well, share with us if the processes listed above helped you.