We frequently run out of data when surfing the web and are unable to use our mobile platform to subscribe for data. As a result, Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile have implemented a method for users to borrow data on credit when they run out of data and repay it on their next recharge. All eligible MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile Prepaid customers who have their number registered and have been on the network for more than 3 months, as well as paying at least N200 monthly for 3 months, are eligible for the service. You must have between N0 and N75 in your main account before you may borrow data.
How to Transfer Airtime and Share Data on Telecoms in Nigeria
Here’s how you can Check/Recover Your NIN on Phone in Nigeria
How to Check your Phone Number in Nigeria
In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of how to borrow data on Nigeria’s main telecoms: MTN, Airtel, Glo, and Etisalat.
How to borrow data from MTN Nigeria
To borrow data from MTN, customers must do the following:
- Dial *606# and choose XtraByte.
- The system will then display all of the data bundles that you can borrow.
- From the selection, pick your chosen data plan.
- Once the process is completed, the system will send you a message with the amount plus the appropriate service charge for you to confirm the transaction.
MTN users may also borrow data utilizing the 606 Interactive Voice Response (IVR) method; all they need to do is follow the instructions below to borrow data from MTN.
- Dial 606, and the system will play an announcement asking you to pick your preferred language, either English, Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba.
- After picking your preferred language, you must choose between XtraTime and XtraByte.
- After you pick XtraByte, the system will calculate the total quantity of data you can borrow.
- From the options, choose your chosen data plan.
How to borrow data from Glo Nigeria
Subscribers can borrow data from Glo via one of two methods: dialing *777# or *321#. Borrowed data will be deducted on your next recharge.
- Enter *777# to view all Glo features, then pick borrow data. The system will then display all the data bundles available for borrowing.
- Next, choose your chosen data plan from the list.
Alternatively, if you know how much data you want to borrow, dial *321*2*data amount#.
For example Dial *321*2*50# for 50MB and you will be given 35MB with 15% deducted as a service charge.
How to borrow data from Airtel Nigeria
Customers can borrow data through Airtel Credit Loan Service when they run out. This is an excellent way to reload a phone for data in an emergency and pay it back later. A service charge of 15% is applied. Airtel customers can find out if they are eligible to borrow data by dialing *500#. Ineligible users who attempt to use Data Credit Loan Service will be asked to recharge at least N100 every month in order to qualify.
To borrow data, follow these steps:
- To borrow data from Airtel, dial *500#.
- Choose 3 to borrow Airtel data.
- Choose the amount of data you want from the options.
How to borrow data from 9mobile (Etisalat) Nigeria
Customers of the old Etisalat telecom provider, now known as 9Momible, may now borrow data at any moment and borrow more on existing credit if needed. repay on your subsequent recharge However, before you may borrow data, you must first be eligible. By dialing *665# or texting ‘STATUS’ to 665, you can find out if you’re qualified for extra credit and how much you can borrow.
Procedures for borrowing data from 9mobile:
To borrow data from 9mobile, phone *665# and then follow the onscreen instructions to complete your transaction. Please keep in mind that you will be charged a 15% service fee in addition to the loan airtime amount or the cost of an internet bundle.