If you’ve ever been in a situation where you don’t have access to the internet to recharge airtime straight from your mobile bank, or you don’t have any money in your bank account and you need to make this critical call. Then you’ll understand how important it is to understand how to borrow airtime directly from your mobile line. Many telecoms in Nigeria launched a ‘borrow airtime’ option a few years ago, which has actually saved a lot of people from being stranded. So, if you’re ready to make that call and discover you don’t have airtime and can’t buy it right away, borrowing from the telecoms is a smart option.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of how to borrow airtime from Nigeria telecoms — MTN, Airtel, Glo, and Etisalat.
How to Borrow Airtime MTN Nigeria
You can borrow airtime and pay it back later when you reload your MTN line. The first thing to do is dial *606#.
- Choose the amount you wish to borrow.
- You will receive a message with the amount borrowed and the service charge (including VAT). This validates your transaction.
Service charge: 15%
How to Borrow Airtime 9mobile/Etisalat Nigeria
If you have an Etisalat line, the procedures below will show you how to borrow airtime from an Etisalat line. This feature is available only to subscribers who have recharged at least N900 in a month.
- Dial *665*amount# from your Etisalat line e.g *665*1000#
Service charge: 10%
Available amounts to borrow on Etisalat are: N50, N100, N200, N500 and N1000.
How to Borrow Airtime Airtel Nigeria
If you use an Airtel line, you can borrow airtime and pay back later when you have recharged.
- Dial *500*amount# from your Airtel line e.g *500*1000#
- You’d get a message that says your request is being processed
- You’d receive the borrowed amount in a couple of minutes.
Service charge: 15%
How to Borrow Airtime Glo Nigeria
You can also borrow airtime from your GLO line. However, the GLO approach takes a little longer because a security pin is required. This is accomplished by following the methods outlined below:
- Step 1: Dial *321#, then enter a four-digit pin of your choice, such as 0911.
- Step 2: Borrow airtime by dialing *321*pin*amount borrowed#. For instance, *321*0911*200#.
service charge of 10%.
You will be credited with the specified amount shortly.
Typically, when consumers borrow airtime from any of the networks, the service charge is deducted from the amount borrowed. Furthermore, each network has its own method of deciding whether or not a user is qualified to borrow airtime from them. This is defined by the frequency and amount of airtime recharged by a person.