Today’s topic is very simple and as well very important. You may wonder why someone should write about something that anyone can do; all of us have blocked a contact before, am I right? I am right. However, we should keep in mind that different phones have different ways of Blocking contacts and calls. For this matter, the article I come with today remains very vital for everyone using Android phones. In simple steps, I will show you how to block calls on any Android phone
Note: If you can’t find a way to block a number on your specific phone, you can also download an app called Should I Answer to do you the trick.
- 1 Different ways to Block calls on any Android phone
- 2 Block calls with Android apps
Different ways to Block calls on any Android phone
From the call log
Using your call logs, it is possible to disable incoming calls from specific numbers. What you need to do here is:
- Select the number you want to block
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner and choose Add to reject list.
- The above steps shall disable incoming calls from the selected numbers.
From your contacts list
If you have a contact already saved in your contact list and you feel you no longer want to receive any calls or text messages from the owner of that number, deleting it won’t be of any help at the moment. You may need to block this contact, to do this:
- Open your contact list and select the person you’d like to block
- Tap on the pencil-like button in the right-hand corner
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner and check the box next to All Calls to Voicemail.
- That contact’s calls will now be directed to your carrier’s voice inbox.
This is the most commonly used option while blocking a contact and all its incoming calls.
- Tap the phone icon from your home screen to open your contact list.
- Tap the three-dot menu and choose Settings > Call > Call Rejection > Auto Reject List > Create.
- At this point, Android phones will have a search box that’ll appear. Insert the phone number or name of the person you want to block, and presto, that name will be added to the Auto Reject List.
Block calls on any Android phone (Samsung phone)
For Samsung phone users, it’s easy to block unwanted callers as compared to other mobile phones as we shall be seeing.
- Select the Phone icon on your home screen
- Tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner and then tap Settings.
- You’ll find Block numbers listed here. You can also use this menu to manage the numbers on your Black list. If you wish to automatically block unknown callers, simply toggle on the option for Block anonymous calls.
Block calls on an HTC phone
Just like the Samsung phones, HTC phones also are integrated with call blocking. See how to use it below.
- Open the Phone app on your home screen and navigate to Call history.
- Long press on the number you’d like to block and tap the option to Block Contact or Block caller.
- You can review blocked contacts in the Phone app by tapping the menu icon at the top right
Block calls on an LG phone
With the latest findings, it looks like LG has made blocking a contact simple on its handsets. Below are steps you can follow if you are blocking a contact on any LG device.
- Open the Phone app and navigate to the Call logs tab
- Tap the number you want to block and then tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
- Select Block number from the drop-down menu
You can also review, add, or remove numbers from your list by opening the Phone app, navigating to the Call logs tab, and tapping the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner. Select Call blocking & Decline with message > Blocked numbers.
Block calls with Android apps
In case the above steps cannot help you, probably you have a different phone more than those I have discussed, no need to worry because there are several android apps that can do whatever I have talked about in a go. However, I advise you to read up on privacy policies before you choose one as some of the most popular free call blocking apps collect and potentially share a lot of information, including your contacts list.