On the 17th of March, Uganda National Security Fund commenced the midterm access benefits for eligible members. Now, individuals aged 40 and above can access 20% and 50% of their accrued benefits for both the abled and disabled members respectively. To apply for midterm access, an eligible member can visit the nearest NSSF branch or use a USSD shortcode (*165*6*4# on MTN and *185*7*5#) or use the NSSF Go Web.
- NSSF number
- National Identification Number (NIN).
- Bank account details.
- Phone number (registered in the claimant’s name).
Who Qualifies for midterm access under the new law?
A member who has made contributions to the Fund shall be allowed midterm access to his or her benefits accrued from the contributions under the regulations below:
- A member who is forty-five years of age and above and who has made contributions to the Fund under section 7 of the Act for at least 10 years, is eligible to midterm access to his or her benefits, of a sum not exceeding 20 percent of his or her accrued benefits.
- A member who:
- Is a person with disability
- Is forty years of age and above; and
- Has made contributions to the fund under section 7 of the Act for at least ten years, is eligible to midterm access, of a sum of 50 percent of his or her accrued benefits
How to Apply for NSSF Midterm Benefits using a USSD Shortcode
1. Dial *165*6*4# on MTN and *185*7*5# on Airtel then press the “SEND” button.
2. From the pension schemes menu, select option 1, NSSF.
3. Opt for a number that corresponds to “Midterm Access.”
4. Next, read and understand the terms and conditions. Enter 1 to accept the terms and conditions.
5. Now, enter your NSSF number.
6. Enter your National Identification Number (NIN).
7. Select payment month (the month in which you want to access the midterm claim.
8. Input the date on which you would like to receive your NSSF midterm benefits.
9. Review the midterm details including your NSSF number, NIN, month, and date. If the information is correct, key in your mobile money pin.
10. A confirmatory message “Midterm claim submitted successfully” will be sent to your registered number.
Note: The USSD method is applicable for members whose NSSF balance is below 15 million in conformance with the National Payments Systems Act, 2020 and the National Payments Systems Regulations, 2021.
How to Apply for NSSF Midterm Benefits via NSSF Go Web
1. Visit www.nssfug.org/midterm.
2. Click on “Apply Online.”
3. Enter your NSSF number and date of birth.
4. Tap on Terms and Conditions, review and accept the terms.
5. Click Continue. At this point, if you are 44 years and below, you will receive you are not qualified for midterm benefit notification. However, if you qualify, a One Time Pin (OTP) will be on your registered phone number for application submission.
6. Next, key in the National Identification Number (NIN) and bank account details.
7. Take and upload a live passport size picture then follow the prompts.
Visit the Nearest NSSF branch
Go to www.nssfug.org/midterm access, click on “Branch Application Form” then download or print out the form. Next, fill in all the required information then head over to the nearest NSSF branch in your area.