Ever since the coronavirus pandemic struck the world, many things have changed more so with how people hold meetings. The need for virtual meetings for classes and company board meetings has seen the likes of Zoom and Google meetings rise to prominence. Today, when you talk about company meetings the first thought that runs to mind is scheduling the meeting via Zoom, Google meetings. With such a demand for knowledge, this article explains how you can get started with Google meetings and call recording.
Starting a Google meeting
While scheduling a Google meeting, you can either do it via Meet, Gmail, Google Calendar, or any other scheduling system. For this article, we shall schedule our Google meetings via the first three options.
Scheduling Google meeting with Meet
- You will have to Navigate to Google Meet.
- Once there, click “New Meeting.”
- Here, you will have two options, either to start an instant Google meeting or create a meeting for later.
- To create a meeting for later, you will have to copy and send the meeting link with all other participants you want to meet with.
- When ready, participants shall just have to paste the link into their browser to launch it in their gadgets, then, they will just need to click “join” to join the meeting.
- To start an instant meeting, you will need to create a new meeting and join the meeting directly.
- There is also an option to schedule a Google meeting via Google calendar. To do this, just navigate to Google Calendar.
Scheduling Google meeting with Gmail Android
- Launch your browser and login into your Gmail account
- Below “Meet” in the bottom left corner, click “New Meeting” to get started with Google meetings.
- Once there, you will just have to share the meeting invite link to the participants by simply sending it via email or any social platforms you prefer.
- When you and you and other participants are ready to join the meeting, just click “Join Now”
- Note: Always endeavor to allow permission for your Microphone and camera if you are joining Google meeting for the first time. Everything else is chap!
Scheduling Google meeting from Google Calendar
Google Calendar allows you to add a video meeting link for each event you schedule/create. Therefore, you can also schedule a Google meeting from Google calendar for other participants to join later. To do this, follow the step below.
- Go to Calendar and create an event.
- Click “Add guests” and enter all the participants Names and email addresses. These will be invited directly via email.
- Once that is done, click “save” to save all the changes made
- Now you can click “send” to notify all the participants about the scheduled Google meeting.
Call recording in Google Meetings
Google meetings have a number of workspace editions available now. Below are some of the Workspace editions where you may create call recordings in Google meetings.
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Standard
- Education Fundamentals
- Education Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
How to start and stop call recording in Google meeting
- You will first join a meeting as described above
- At the bottom, click the three shapes that represent activities
- Proceed to recording, and then click “start recording”
- When a window appears, just click “start” and all will be well
- To stop recording, go to activities at the bottom, proceed to recording and then click “stop recording”
- In the window that appears, click “stop recording.” You will have stopped recording.
You can use this feature only if your organization supports it. For more details read this article on how to record google meetings.