Last month, Snapchat introduced a premium version called Snapchat plus. Snapchat Plus is gradually rolling out to all iPhone and Android users however the feature is only enrolled in only 9 countries which are the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. This guide will detail everything you need to know about Snapchat Plus, including its price, features, and how to sign up.
How much Does Snapchat Plus Cost?
If you want to get access to SnapChat features like the ability to pin a friend as #1BFF, get access to exclusive Snapchat icons, display a badge in your profile, see orbit with BFF, see your friend’s whereabouts in the last 24 hours and see how many friends have re-watched your story, you will have to pay a subscription fee of;
- $3.99 each month.
- $21.99 for six months.
- $39.99 for a year.
According to Snap Inc, Snapchat plans to add more features in the future, however not all of them will be exclusive to Snapchat Plus users. It seems like Plus will be more of a testing ground, where premium users can test out new features before they’re released to everyone.
How to Get Snapchat Plus
First things first, ensure that your Snapchat app is updated then proceed with the step-by-step guide.
1. Launch Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the top-left corner to open your profile page.
2. If Snapchat Plus is available to you, you’ll see a gold-tinted banner advertising it below your name. Tap the banner.
3. Choose what kind of subscription you want — one month, six months, or a year — and then tap Start 7-Day Free Trial. Snapchat Plus is free for a week. Once that week is up, you’ll be charged for whatever subscription you picked.
4. Depending on your device, sign up using your Apple ID account, Google account, or a linked debit or credit card. Once the payment processes, a menu will appear explaining some of the features that Snapchat Plus gives you, and allowing you to turn each of them on or off.
To end your Snapchat Plus subscription;
- Open your profile and tap the gear icon in the top-right.
- Tap on Snapchat+.
- Tap Manage your Subscription to open the page that lets you cancel. You’ll need to use the same device you used to sign up.
Why I can’t see Snapchat Plus Feature?
This subscription feature is currently available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates. If you live in one of these countries, you can find this feature in the Snapchat profile settings. If you do not live in the listed countries, unfortunately, you will have to wait until this feature is enrolled in your area.
Is your Snapchat app up-to-date? If you live in the listed 9 countries but still can not see the feature under your Snapchat profile settings, all you have to do is update to the latest Snapchat app from Playstore or Appstore.
If your Snapchat app is up-to-date and you live in the listed countries but still can not see the Snapchat plus banner under your Profile settings, that is probably because there is another banner covering it up. Close that banner to see the Snapchat banner.