This service enables merchants to receive payment for goods and services using MTN Mobile Money. It is accessible using *165*3# for both customers and merchants. With MoMoPay, merchants can sell airtime and earn a commission, pay suppliers, pay salaries as well as transfer money to the bank.
In order to get the MoMoPay merchant code, you will need to have the following requirements.
- Your name and the products that you deal in.
- Name of your business/company.
- Contact number.
How to Get MoMo Pay Merchant Code
There are two ways in which you will be able to sign up your business to MTN MoMoPay. You could request MoMo Pay services via email or you can visit the nearest authorized MTN shop in your area.
Method 1: Simply send an email to [email protected] with photocopy attachments of your national ID, name of the business, contact number, location, and certificate of incorporation.
Method 2: Visit the nearest MTN authorized shop in your area with the listed requirements. You will be availed a form, fill in all the required details, the customer care assistant will enter details into the system and if you are eligible for the services, you will get the merchant code instantly.
Rates of Using MoMo Pay
MoMoPay service is free for all customers.
Formal merchants will be charged 2% of the payment received.
Informal merchants will be charged 1% of the payment received.
How to Pay for Goods and Services Using MTN MoMoPay
- Dial *165*3# and press OK.
- Enter the Merchant Code as prompted. The merchant code will be displayed at the shop or you can ask for it from the office/shop attendant.
- Key in the exact amount.
- Select payment method. You can pay using MTN loyalty points or using MTN Mobile Money.
- Review the payment details and confirm the payment with mobile money pin.
- Once you receive a confirmatory message, show it to the person offering goods or services. They will also be updated.
Note: Merchants are able to earn commission by selling airtime or making payments for customers. There is also room for merchants to pay suppliers and pay salaries in case the business is large.