This guide will show you how to enable end-to-end encryption on Telegram. End-to-end encryption is the surest way of protecting messages and files from being accessed or modified by third parties (your internet service provider, the application service provider, or a hacker) as they are transferred from the sender to the recipient.
As you might guess, end-to-end encryption secures your information from hackers and protects your privacy.
Whereas there is skepticism about the inability of the application managers to access messages and files sent through their servers, what cannot be doubted is that the risk is lessened with end-to-end encryption.
Messages and files are encrypted before they leave the sender’s device and cannot be decrypted (read/accessed) until they reach the recipient. That way only the sender and the intended recipient will access the messages/ files.
Read Also: How to transfer WhatsApp chats to Telegram
How to Enable End-to-End Encryption on Telegram:
The sure way to enable end-to-end encryption on Telegram is by initiating a secret chat.
If you’re an iPhone user,
1. Tap on the new message icon (top right corner of the chats tab) and select New Secret Chat.
2. Then select the contact with which you intend to have the secret chat.
Note that the contact should be in your contact list.
For Android users,
1. Tap the three-lined menu icon.
2. Then tap New Secret Chat
3. And choose the name of your contact (who still should be on your contact list)
Alternatively (for Android users still),
1. Tap on the new message icon (bottom right of the chats)
2. Select New Secret Chat, followed by the name of the contact.
3. That way you’re sure your messages and files are encrypted.