Do you know how to apply for e-Passport Kenya? If you visited the immigration offices to apply for a passport some years back, you understand that the method was quite hectic and it gave the impression to take ages. You had to create long queues and frequent visits to the immigration offices to form this dream a reality.
Nowadays, the application or replacement of this important document is finished online from the comfort of your home. Here are the steps below to help through your e-passport application process in Kenya
What are the e-Passport Requirements?
- An original National positive identification and a photocopy furthermore.
- Your parents’ National Identity Cards and their photocopies. If they’re deceased, you’ll carry their death certificates. within the case of adoption, you’ll need to submit your adoption certificate, which could be a clearance letter from the Department of kids and it must be a court ruling.
- Your original credential and therefore the photocopy.
- 3 Digital passport size photographs.
- Your recommenders National Identity Cards and also the photocopies.
- Written consent from either your parent or guardian for minors.
- Finally carry the Pre-filled e-Passport form and invoices/receipts.
- Old passport if you’re replacing.
How to apply for e-Passport Kenya
If you’re going to travel outside the country, you would like to commence on an e-Passport application a month before your travel, so you’ll be able to avoid missing your flight. Here could be a step-by-step guide on the way to apply for the e-Passport.
Step 1 – Visit the eCitizen portal.
Make sure you’ve got an online connection and use any browser to log in to the eCitizen portal.
Step 2 – Login or register.
If you have got an account with the immigration service department you should login, but if you don’t have one, it means your opening move is to register.
Step 3 – Click on the immigration e-Passport application form.
Once you access the form, fill it out and supply all the small print required. You should answer all the questions directly, but make sure that all the sections are completed before submission
- Lost passport Kshs. 12,050
- A 32 pages ordinary “A” Series passport Kshs. 4,550
- Multilated passport Kshs. 10,050
- A 48 pages ordinary “B” Series passport Kshs. 6,050
- East Africa passport Kshs. 990
- 64 pages “C” Series passport Kshs. 7,550
- Diplomatic passport with 48 pages Kshs. 7,550
Step 5 – Print & download your form.
Before you print and download the form, read through to create certain that every one of the sections is full of the proper details. Once you are done, print 3 copies of the receipt further because of the form and keep them safe as you’ll require them.
Step 6 – Submit the application form.
Where does one submit their e-Passport application form? Well, you’ll submit the form at an immigration office or the closest Huduma Centre. If you’re out of the country, then you’ll do your submissions within the Kenyan Embassies. Similarly, as consulates are everywhere on the planet, confine in mind that you simply should do the submission personally in order that you’ll take the digital passport photo and permit the biometrics to be captured.
You should expect to induce your passport ready after about 15 working days of a successful application. We hope these steps are helpful in your e-passport application in Kenya.
[Featured Image: Vladaca (Getty Images)]