Chromebook notifications will always update you about what is happening within a particular app or website even before you open the application or website. Although many updates serve a number of advantages, they can also be annoying and distract you from whatever you are up to on your Chromebook. Luckily, you can disable notifications on your Chromebook. Here is how;
How to Disable Notifications for Individual Apps on a Chromebook
You can manage which apps should send you notifications on your Chromebook. If you hope to disable some notifications from these individual apps, follow the steps below;
1. Open the Settings panel from the lower-right corner and click the down arrow next to the Notification button.
2. The Allow notifications from the following option will open with installed items. Next, uncheck individual apps whose notifications setting you want disabled.
How to Disable Chromebook Notifications with Do Not Disturb Mode
Well, you could be working or busy with something. In such situations, you can just enable the Do Not Disturb mode. The DND mode will disable all notifications. To enable Do Not Disturb mode on your Chromebook;
1. Click the status area in the lower-right corner of the taskbar.
2. Next, toggle on the Notifications button.
3. When you enable Do Not Disturb mode, you’ll see a new icon that’s a dash with a circle indicating the feature is on.
4. Launch the Settings panel and toggle the Notifications button back on if you want to turn off the Do Not Disturb mode.
How to Disable Website Notifications on Chromebook
Another notification you might want to disable is website notifications. If you block the notification, it won’t show up again, but you can’t catch them all. Muting site notifications work on a Chromebook and in the Chrome browser. To disable website notifications on a Chromebook;
1. Click the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
2. Check Privacy and security and click Site Settings.
3. Under Privacy and security, click the Notification button.
4. Now, select the Don’t allows sites to send notifications options.