Securities Depository Agents (SCDAs) open and maintain securities accounts. These comprise clients’ securities accounts and participants’ (proprietary/dealers). Clients’ Securities Accounts are opened through and/or registered with a Securities Central Depository Agent (Broker/Dealer, Investment Advisors, or Custodian Banks). Here is how you can create an SCD account in Uganda.
Use USSD to Create SCD Account in Uganda
This method will connect your SCD account with MTN mobile money account.
- Dial *165*65# and click Okay.
- Select option 1, Apply for SCD Account.
- Enter National ID Number.
- Choose broker from the listed options.
- Confirm to the SCD terms and conditions by entering 1.
- Enter your MTN mobile money pin.
- You will receive a text confirming that you have successfully applied for a SCD account.
- The SCD account will be sent to your MTN number via messages.
Read Also: How to Apply for MTN Shares
Apply via Uganda Securities Exchange-Easy portal
To open SCD account online, be prepared to provide personal information so the broker can verify your identity. You may also need to arrange for electronic trading to your new SCD account. Gather the following items before you start the process:
- Open your browser.
- Visit https://scd.use.or.ug
- Sign with your email and password. If you are joining for the first time, click on Create Account and fill in the details. An email will be sent to your registered email address, open it and confirm registration.
- Click on Link/ Create SCD Account.
- Tap on open New Account.
- Enter your personal data as required including the name, title, date of birth and gender then click Next.
- Upload your identification documents.
- Enter contact information and click Next.
- Then fill in bank information for remittances.
- Select your Stock broker.
- Review the details and accept the Terms and conditions then submit the application.
- Your SCD number will be generated as soon as the information is verified.