Whereas YouTube has become an ideal platform for business growth and marketing, many people out there haven’t realized this in time. Using YouTube to promote and market your brand grows it more than the rudimentary ways of doing things. Thus, we shall see how to create a YouTube brand account.
You must however learn how to create your own YouTube channel and begin uploading videos related to your brand. You can create two types of YouTube channels—a personal account or a YouTube brand account. And this can even simply be done by using the YouTube mobile site on your iPhone or Android phone; however, it’s easier to do it on a PC or Mac computer.
Everyone can watch videos on YouTube, but to upload a video, comment, upload a playlist, you must already have a YouTube channel. In his article, I’ll be showing you how to create both, a personal YouTube channel and a YouTube brand account. First things first, let’s go.
- 1 How to create a personal YouTube channel
- 2 How to create a YouTube channel for business/brand channel
- 3 How brand accounts work with YouTube
- 4 Benefits of a YouTube Brand Account
How to create a personal YouTube channel
Everyone can own a personal YouTube channel, this is if they only want to comment and upload their own videos on their channels. It’s like the basic service YouTube provides to anyone who creates a channel with them.
Creating a YouTube channel is chap, below are the steps you can go through to do this.
You will have to first Sign in to your Google Account on a web browser using your iPhone or Android phone, but remember what I said at the beginning of this note, a PC or Mac computer will accomplish this task faster than any other option.
- Click to load you YouTube application
- Now go on and click your profile image in the top right corner.
- Click Your Channel and enter your desired name.
- Click Create Channel to save and create your personal YouTube Channel. Your YouTube channel now is created and available
How to create a YouTube channel for business/brand channel
A brand channel is associated with business, brand, Organizations, or profiles that intend to create multiple channels and manage all these in a single dashboard, also allow multiple profiles to run and manage these remotely.
They are mainly required for business, public figures, organizations, companies, and influencers who ideally use them to promote their brands as a business. You can also add managers for each channel. You can control who has access to different options within the channel they manage. Below are steps on how to create a brand account on YouTube for your business
You will need to already own a YouTube channel in order to create a brand account.
Sign into YouTube with the Google account you want to use to create a new channel.
Click on your profile image.
Click on Your Channel
Click “Use a business or another name” at the bottom of the window.
Click Create to save. Your new channel is ready.
Navigate to YouTube channel switcher in order to know the YouTube channels owned by your account. This channel switcher is the one you can use to create other new channels in case you have a single channel so far.
You can see all Brand Accounts you own or manage from the YouTube Brand Account dashboard.
You can only be able to customize the URL once you have uploaded up to 30 videos and 100 subscribers. Without that, YouTube does not allow you to customize your URL such as youtube.com/user/business insider.
- New accounts aren’t eligible until they have existed for at least 30 days
- A YouTube channel can be created from both a standard Google Account and a G Suite account.
- Note: G Suite Education accounts are not allowed to create YouTube channels.
How brand accounts work with YouTube
Like I said, brand accounts are specifically associated with your brand and are so different from your personal Google account. If a channel is linked to a Brand Account, multiple people can manage it from their Google Accounts.
- The good thing about this is, you don’t need a separate username or password to manage YouTube channels with a Brand Account.
Conditions to connect your channel to a brand account
- When you want to use a different name on YouTube than your Google Account
- You want to give other people access to your YouTube account, but not to your Google Account.
- You don’t want viewers to see your name or email address. There’s no public association between your Google Account and the Brand Account.
- You want to manage multiple channels from one account. This helps if you have more than one YouTube channel.
First things first before creating a brand account
- First, check to see if you already have a brand account.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your channel list.
- Click Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name the Brand Account and verify your account. Then, click Create. This creates your new Brand Account.
Other Google services that support brand accounts
You can use certain services with your account, like
- Google Photos
You’ll be able to communicate, connect, and share info with customers and fans with your Brand Account. Remember, you can always adjust your settings to manage who sees and interacts with the content you upload.
Benefits of a YouTube Brand Account
- A brand account allows you to create a team that will manage your business’ since you’re able to add multiple managers
- Brand accounts make it easy to collaborate as a team, you can assign tasks to each member of the team, examples of the task available in YouTube activities are,
- Creating thumbnails
- Writing descriptions
- Replying to comments, all these can be done by different personnel
- The process of posting videos is made easy since each member on the team is assigned a task
- A Brand Account will help your business’ online presence grow over time since its managed by multiple hands