At the start of this year, Airtel Uganda decided to surprise us with the Airtel virtual debit card. Just like their counterparts from MTN Uganda, Airtel partnered with MasterCard to power this new digital form of payment.
Shopping online is now no longer a hassle, and you don’t need your bank to have that debit card. More so, making e-payments instant, convenient and reliable, while ensuring safety is a plus for this new wave of virtual debit cards.
In this article, we share with you how to create the Airtel virtual debit card with both the USSD and Airtel MoMo app. The steps are quite simple and easy.
Create Airtel virtual Debit Card Using USSD
- Dial *185*7#
- Select AirtelMoney MasterCard (Option #9)
- Select Get a Card (Option #1)
- You will be prompted to enter your Airtel Money pin
- When your done, an SMS message to show a successful process will be sent
Create Airtel virtual Debit Card Using My Airtel App
- Open your My Airtel app on your smartphone
- Select the Mobile Money section
- On the side of your cash balance, click on the MasterCard Get Card action button
- After, input your password on the next interface
- You will receive an SMS link to your AirtelMoney MasterCard information or they will be displayed in the application.
What you need to know about the Airtel Money MasterCard (virtual debit card)
- Creating the Airtel virtual debit card is free of charge
- Every transaction conducted with the help of the virtual debit card is charged UGX 1000.
- A user can create and delete the airtel money MasterCard anytime, at their convenience.
- The virtual debit card is attached to your Airtel Money account
Hopefully, you are now able to create your AirtelMoney MasterCard and shop for items online. Enjoy away!