When sharing a file with your friend or workmate, always make sure that you send two files using two different formats to make sure that the recipient has the right choice that is compatible with their device. If you have Excel, you might assume that everybody else does as well. However, that is not the case. Well not everybody has Excel or the same Excel version as you do, but PDFs will be viewed and look pretty much the same on every device or platform. Also, if you are looking forward to extra security for your Excel file, then you should consider converting the Excel files to PDF.
Print the Excel File As a PDF
1. Go to File in the top left corner.
2. Click on Print. Remember that printing to a PDF does not use the physical printer. But it does use the print settings to create a PDF file.
3. Under Printer, select Microsoft Print to PDF. Next, go to the page set up and make sure you have a great print quality selected.
4. Finally, click Print and select the folder that you would like to save your PDF to, type the File name, you want, and click Save.
Save the File As a PDF
1. Go to excel and select the worksheet that you would like to turn to PDF.
2. Click on File in the top left corner and select Save As from the list of displayed options.
3. Type in the name that you prefer and then in the drop-down select PDF.
4. Next, click on the save button and you are done.
Export Excel File as a PDF
1. Go to Excel and select the worksheets you want to include in your PDF. To select more than one worksheet, press control as you click on the worksheet.
2. Now go to File, and from the displayed menu list select Export.
3. Select Create Adobe PDF/XPS Document then click on the Create button.
4. Next, name the PDF and select Publish.