Maintaining backups for your essential files and folders on your computer is a prudent practice that can spare you from potential disasters. Technology hiccups and unforeseen mishaps can strike, and without a reliable backup, the risk of irretrievably losing those critical files looms. The process of creating backups is straightforward and carries the added benefit of bestowing a profound sense of assurance and tranquility.
However, a crucial aspect in this backup process is ensuring that your backup is up to date. It’s not uncommon to lose track of the numerous changes made since your last backup. This situation underscores the necessity of being able to compare folders efficiently, identifying any discrepancies or new additions.
If your aim is to ascertain whether two folders are identical or different, you’re in luck. Windows 11 offers a method to facilitate this comparison, using the Properties feature.
Step-by-step guide on how to compare two folders in Windows 11
To compare two folders using Properties in Windows 11, follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows File Explorer.
2. Locate the first folder you wish to compare, right-click on the folder and select “Properties.”
4. A window will open, under the General tab you will see information about the folder such as its location, size, and file count, etc.
5. Leave the folder properties window open and navigate to the second folder in File Explorer.
6. Repeat the process of right-clicking on the folder and selecting “Properties.”
7. Rearrange the two Properties windows side by side on your screen.
8. You can now easily discern the differences, focusing on attributes like folder size and file count. Disparities in these values would indicate that the folders are not identical.
By carefully following these steps, you can confidently ensure the integrity of your backups and maintain a harmonious organization of your vital data.