National identification cards are essential for every Ugandan adult. The cards are paramount in every registration program available in the country, for example, processing driving permits, passports, bank accounts, sim cards, job employment, and just basic identification. If you do not have one, you could probably miss out on a lot of services and yet registration is simple, free and you can also register online. However, if you have applied for a National ID, you need to check your national ID status and this article will guide you on how to achieve that.
Option 1: Track National ID Registration Status using USSD Code
- Launch the phone app.
- Dial *216# then Ok.
- Select option 2, Status of Application.
- Opt for option 1, National ID. You can also check Status of application for birth certificate, death certificate, and adoption certificate.
- Choose to proceed with either option 1, Application ID or Option 2, provide Surname, Given name and Date of birth.
- Enter application ID or surname, given name and date of birth accurately as per the first application form.
- Your national ID status will appear on the screen. In case of any error (no record found), you will be required to visit NIRA offices at Kololo Airstrip or call 0312119600.
NOTE: After checking National ID status, you can go ahead to use the same ussd code, *216# to gain access to NIRA services like application requirements, replace ID, correct ID information, and also check National Identification Number (NIN).
Option 1: Track National ID Registration Status using NIRA Website
- Go to Nira Website Homepage
- Under Key Services section, tap Track Status
- Enter your Application ID Number
- Verify you are not robot by filling in the reCAPTCHA
- Tap Send
- Your National ID Registration Status will appear on the screen.