Discovering the original activation date of your Android phone is crucial for warranty validation and understanding its usage history. Before you put a deposit on that refurbished or used Android phone, you need to know the original activation date. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore how to check the activation date for popular Android devices such as Samsung, Mi Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Nokia, Huawei, Google Pixel, Oppo, OnePlus, Tecno, and Infinix. Unravel the secrets hidden within your device’s history with our simple and effective methods.
Check IMEI or Serial Number on your Android Phone
Before you dive into the step-by-step guide on how to know the original purchase date of your Android phone, you need to know your device’s IMEI or Serial number at your fingertips;
- Begin by accessing the Phone app on your device.
- Next, enter the combination *#06# using the keypad.
- Upon doing so, pertinent information such as the IMEI and serial number of your device will be displayed on the screen automatically.
Check your Android Phone Activation Date
This method covers a variety of phone brands like Samsung, Mi Xiaomi, Motorolla, Lenovo, Nokia, Huawei, Google Pixel, Oppo, and OnePLus. To know the activation date, follow the guide below;
1. Open your browser and go to iunlocker.com.
2. On the home page, click on the Android Check option.
3. Then select your phone brand. The available phone brands are Samsung, Mi Xiaomi, Motorolla, Lenovo, Nokia, Huawei, Google Pixel, Oppo, and OnePLus. The phone I am using for this tutorial is of a Samsung brand so I will choose an option that corresponds with SAMSUNG IMEI CHECKING SERVICE.
4. Scroll down and enter the IMEI or serial number in the provided box then hit the Check button.
5. If the serial number or IMEI that you entered is correct, you will be able to view the original purchase date of the device that you want to purchase.
Check the Original Purchase Date of your Tecno or Infinix Phone
This method works for both Tecno and Infinix phones only. When you purchase your device, the details attached to that device are entered into a system and immediately your warranty status is initiated and updated on the website. The warranty status is very crucial in helping you find the date on which your phone was first activated. Here is how to go about it;
1. Open your browser and go to this Original purchase device checker.
2. Enter your IMEI and click the search icon. You can find your device’s IMEI number from the Settings app>System>About the Phone then IMEI.
3. On the next page, you will have details showing when your warranty expired and your warranty status. From the Warranty expiration date or remaining Warranty duration, just subtract the initial warranty duration and you will be able to find the original purchase date of your Android Device. Remember that Tecno phones come with the 1 year warranty and Infinix phones have 13 months warranty. For example, the Tecno phone used for this tutorial is out of warranty and the expiration date is 2020-11-01. Therefore the math will be 2020/11/01 (expiration date) – 12 months (warranty duration/period). The purchase date for the phone is 2019/11/01.
Quick Note: All dates shared by these websites might be true or close to truth.