Mobile money is Africa’s financial evolution. And we cannot deny that Ugandans have swiftly encompassed the electronic currency digital era in their daily lives. With mobile money, the power is in your hands. You are individually the in charge of your money on your SIM card in your phone. This means you choose to send and receive money. This article describes how to check mobile money balance on MTN and Airtel.
How to Check MTN Mobile Money Balance
Method 1: Using USSD Codes
- Dial *185#.
- Select My Account.
- Select Check Balance.
- Enter your Mobile Money PIN
- You will receive a notification.
Method 2: Using MTN MoMo App
- Download the MTN Momo App from Play Store (Android) and App Store (IOS).
- Launch the App and Login with your mobile number. Fill in the mobile money pin.
- Enter a 4-digit code that has been sent to your phone via SMS.
- Your MTN MoMo balance will show at the top of the app home screen.
How to Check Airtel Money Balance
Method 1: Using USSD Code
- Dial *185#.
- Select option 10, My Account.
- Choose Check Balance which is option 2.
- Enter your pin to confirm.
The traditional way is to just go through your Airtel Money messages and there you can also find your balance. However, this method is not efficient since some people delete messages so it is hard to keep track.
Method 2: Using My Airtel App
- Open the My Airtel app.
- Choose Airtel Money that the top of the screen.
- Please enter your Airtel Money pin.
- The Airtel money available balance will show on the screen just below the image.
Look at the top left corner of the screen near the notification bell, Airtel Money Balance will show.