Did you know that you could change your mobile money language? Well, some things seem impossible, and yet they are possible. The default language for Mobile money services is English. However, it could be changed to a language you are well versed with let’s say Luganda, English, Ateso, Rukiga, Runyankore, Swahili, Runyoro. Here is how you can change mobile money language in Uganda.
Change Language on MTN
- Launch phone app.
- Dial *165# and press the call button.
- Then select ‘My account’ option.
- Choose ‘Change language’ option 7.
- Select language; Luganda, English, Ateso, Rukiga, Runyankore, Swahili, Runyoro.
- Enter MTN MoMo PIN.
- A message confirming language change will pop up on your screen in the same selected language.
- Follow the same steps to change language to English.
NOTE: After approving the language, your mobile money menu will appear in the selected language plus all mobile money updates and messages will be sent in the selected language as well. However, some particular words on the menu will stay in the English language and the menu structure will also change.
Change Mobile Money Language on Airtel
Follow the steps below to change Airtel Money language. However, this method works for only voice instructions.
- Dail 100 and press the call button.
- Listen to the voice notes carefully.
- Select preferred language by dialing the number mentioned in the voice instructions.