On the 17th of May 2021, the Uganda Police Force launched the online application provision for the certificate of good conduct and police clearance. This was done to reduce overcrowding at the Directorate of INTERPOL and International Relations, reduce time spent in the process of acquiring the certificates of good conduct, and also to help applicants to track and know the status of their applications. This article guides you on how you can apply online to acquire a certificate of good conduct in Uganda.
- Open your browser and search for service.upf.go.ug/certificates. (This is the official link for acquiring certificate of good conduct and police clearance on the Uganda police website).
- Log into your account (if you have one already). If you are new, then click on “Register New Account” and confirm with your email address.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the Agree option.
- Check your email address and activate your account by clicking a link sent to you. The system will immediately grant you access.
- Select a preferred option from the displayed menu; For instance, option 1 if you are a “New Applicant,” Option 2 for “Returning Applicant,” and option 3 “Complete the application.”
- Enter all the required details correctly including the payment method. You can pay in cash (this will require you to print out a bank slip), using a debit/credit card, mobile money, and Cheque.
- Pay UGX76,000 for the certificate of good conduct and UGX23,000 for the police clearance. If you want to acquire both certificates then you will need to pay UGX 99,000. Log in to your account then Tap on “Complete Application”. (If you fail to pay within two working days, your application will be canceled.)
- Book and confirm Fingerprint capture appointment at the Interpol office. Do not forget to print out your payment receipts and application preview pages.
- Appear at your scheduled appointment with; two passport size photos, two copies of your National ID or Passport, a copy of application preview, and a receipt printed from the system.
Note: The Certificate of Good Conduct or Police Clearance is valid for only six (6) months from the date of issuance.
For any inquiries contact
SSP MAYEGU MOSES +256707358658 firstname.lastname@example.org
ASP KANISA PROSCOVIA +256757725628 email@example.com
ASP KARUHANGA GORDON +256781404876 firstname.lastname@example.org
SGT ANYERO YUVENT +256755443320 email@example.com
Directorate of Interpol & International Relations, Plot 12 Mabua Road, Kololo P.O. Box 34203, Kampala Tel: +2564114500698 Fax +256414 500696; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org