Recharging airtime on your phone is now easier than before due to the various options that allow individuals to purchase airtime on their own with no third-party involvement. Post Bank customers can now buy airtime using their Post Bank Mobile Phone banking accounts. To get started, the customer must have registered for the Mobile phone banking service. Registration is simple and immediate, all you have to do is visit the nearest Post Bank branch. After successful registration, you can now perform different financial transactions on your mobile phone. If you use Post Bank mobile top, your account will be debited worth of the airtime value loaded. E.g. 1000/=, 2000/= worth of Airtime. This service is at a small charge of 99/=. Here is how you can buy airtime straight from your bank account.
Use the USSD Short Code to Buy Airtime
Follow the steps below to load airtime for either your number or another number via the use of a USSD shortcode.
1. Dial *163#/ *263#on your device then press the OK button.
2. You will be prompted to enter a Post Bank Mobile phone banking PIN. Press the OK button then enter the Pin.
3. Select a number that corresponds to Airtime Top up.
4. The next step will require the customer to enter the number to which airtime should be credited. Press 1 to load airtime for your own number (number registered for mobile banking) or Press 2 to load airtime for any other number, then enter the recipient’s number.
5. Enter the amount of airtime to be credited.
6. The transaction details will appear on the screen including the recipient’s number and the amount of airtime to be credited. Review the details and then confirm the transaction.
7. A confirmatory notification will be sent stating “amount of XXXX of airtime paid, your number will be automatically loaded.
How to Buy Airtime Using Post bank Mobile Banking
1. Open the Post Bank Uganda App on your device.
2. Click on Login.
3. Enter log-in details.
4. Tap on the Airtime Top up option.
5. Select to load airtime for your own number (number registered for mobile banking) or to load airtime for any other number, enter the recipient’s number.
6. Enter the amount of airtime to be credited.
7. The transaction details will appear on the screen including the recipient’s number and the amount of airtime to be credited. Review the details and then confirm the transaction.
8. A confirmatory notification will appear on the screen.