In the hardest circumstance when you are low on airtime, Bank of Africa is here to save the day. The BOU mobile wallet service allows customers to buy airtime straight from their bank accounts. Now that you know that, topping up airtime on your phone irrespective of the network should not worry you. To get started, the customer must have registered for the Bank of Africa Mobile wallet. After successful registration, you will be in a position to perform different financial transactions on your mobile phone including buying airtime. Here is how you can buy airtime using the Bank of Africa mobile wallet in Uganda.
How to buy Airtime using Bank of Africa Mobile Wallet in Uganda
The customer can opt to use the BOU mobile wallet application or USSD shortcode to buy airtime as listed below.
Use the Mobile Wallet App
1. Click on Login.
2. Select to either log in with the Touch ID or M-Pin.
3. If you have chosen the M-Pin, enter User ID and Pin. If you have chosen Touch ID, place your finger on the fingerprint sensor.
4. The main menu will load, click on the Topup from the menu.
5. Tap on the mobile network from the available options.
6. Select who you are buying airtime for ( you can buy for your one number or another number).
7. Enter the recipient’s number and the amount.
8. Select account then confirm with M-pin.
Use USSD Short Code
1. Dial *246# and press OK.
2. You will be prompted to enter the M-PIN, press Ok.
3. Select a number that corresponds to Airtime top-up.
4. Tap on the mobile network (Airtel / MTN) from the available options.
5. Select who you are buying airtime for ( you can buy for your one number or another number).
6. Enter the recipient’s number and the amount.
7. Select account then confirm with M-pin.
8. A confirmatory Airtime top-up massage will be sent to both the sender and receiver.