This article assumes you are planning to hit the road and start rolling as an uber driver in Kampala or maybe across Uganda. The article will walk you through some of the things (requirements) you need to have before becoming an uber driver. The minimum vehicle requirements and permits required to hit the road and make money as an uber driver in Kampala.
Let’s get the ball rolling as we take you through this journey of becoming an uber driver in Uganda.
How to signup as an uber driver in Uganda
- Go to this uber page in your browser
- You’ll see a become an uber driver form
- Fill in the form with your details as requested and sign up.
- Congrats, that’s the first step to becoming an uber driver in Uganda, uber will contact you to engage you more on how to get started driving and making money as a driver.
Minimum driver-partner requirements
Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don’t have a car or commercial permit. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Have a valid driving license for Uganda
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Interpol
- Watch a short training video
- You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Provide a driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Minimum vehicle requirements
All vehicles need to be in excellent working and physical condition. All vehicles must have:
- A working radio
- Air conditioning
- Four doors
Required vehicle documentation
Before hitting the road, you will need to upload the documentation below.
- KCCA Permit
- Vehicle third-party insurance
- TLB Sticker