This article guides you on how to activate the new MTN sim card in Uganda. If you want to join the MTN network, you will need to buy the MTN sim card then get it activated. Unfortunately, the sim card can only be activated after registration by authorized MTN Uganda agents.
Activate New MTN Sim Card
Go to any MTN authorized shop near you.
Approach the customer care agent.
Then request a new MTN sim card.
You will be given a new registration form, fill in all the required information.
Give your national ID to the customer care agent for registration.
You will pay UGX 2000 for the new sim card.
The card will be handed to you immediately and after 20 minutes, the line will be activated.
Read Also: How to Buy a YOTV Bundle on MTN Uganda.
How to Register for MTN Mobile Money
- Visit the nearest authorized MTN store.
- Your SIM card should be Mobile Money enabled. If it is not, ask for it to be enabled.
- The agent shall see you through the registration process
- They will have you fill a physical registration form/slip. You should have a valid National ID/Passport/Driver’s license/Company ID/Government ID/Tax Certificate/LC Certificate/Voter’s Card.
- The agent will help you complete your registration by opening your Mobile Money Account.
- You can download the registration form from mtn.co.ug
- Fill out the form
- Take it to the nearest MTN service store
- Take with you a copy of your National ID and passport photo.
How to Activate Deactivated MTN Sim Card
The Airtel Sim card will be deactivated if it has been inactivate for 3 months. However, you can reactivate the number again.
- Visit nearest airtel store and submit reactivation request
- Provide Address and Photo Id proofs
- You may receive a confirmation call and then your number will be re-activated
Do you have any tech-related questions you need to be answered? Submit your question here.