When you buy a decoder you need to activate a GOTV account. Most people neglect this crucial part and yet it is important for GOTV self-service. You cannot sign in without activating the New GOTV account. If you are reading this, then I believe that you are looking for a way to activate a new GOTV account. This article will guide you to achieve that goal.
READ ALSO: How to Reset GOTV Decoder with a remote.
- Open your browser.
- Search for https://www.gotvafrica.com/en-ug. (This link is for people who stay in Uganda). If you are not in Uganda then search for https://www.gotvafrica your country will be located automatically).
- Tap on “Activate” on the menu list displayed on top. If you are using the phone browser then you will need to tap on the three lines for the menu to show.
- Then click “Activate GOTV”.
- A new tab will open with a sign-in page.
- Select your city area (the current place where you are residing).
- Type in your Surname.
- Enter your IUC number (check at the back of the decoder for the number).
- Also, enter your valid Phone number and click on “Activate Now”.
- After a few seconds, a confirmation notification will appear on your screen. Now you will need those details to log in to your account.
Note: As soon as you successfully activate your account, you will be able to the details under account information. To check, hit the Menu / Help button on your remote, then select GO Eazy self-service, choose Account information and all the details will appear on your screen.